Eco-Friendly Packaging and Labeling TrendsWith Earth Day approaching this April, we’re taking a look at sustainable packaging and labeling solutions. In addition to helping the environment and future generations, eco-friendly packaging can attract more customers and add value to your brand. Studies are showing an increasing interest in sustainable packaging by consumers:
- 9 in 10 consumers expect companies to do more than make a profit, but also operate responsibly to address social and environmental issues. (2015 Cone Communications/Ebiquity Global CSR Study)
- 53% of millennials think about the environmental impact of the packaging before product purchases. (EcoFocus Worldwide Study, 2015)
- 88% of consumers will be more loyal to a company when the company supports social or environmental issues. (2015 Cone Communications/Ebiquity Global CSR Study)
Recycled, Recyclable, RenewableOne way that your company can take steps towards more sustainable packaging is through eco-friendly product labels. When deciding which type of sustainable product labels to use, you have a few options:
- Recycled labels use materials that are made from post-consumer waste.
- Recyclable labels use materials that can be recycled and manufactured into something new after use.
- Renewable labels use materials that can be naturally replenished, such as corn, cotton, or bamboo.
As companies worldwide continue to go green, concise and clear product labeling is gaining popularity. Ensure proper disposal of product packaging and clarify any sustainability claims on the package. Clear labeling builds trust with consumers while increasing honesty and transparency. Consumers now more than ever want eco-friendly packaging that can be reused and recycled.
If you’re looking for eco-friendly label options, contact us at 1.866.ZIPTAPE or firstname.lastname@example.org to see what ZipTape can do for you.